I made this breakfast pie today and it’s seriously yummy! Thought I’d share with you all.
Ps: I recommend reducing the sugar to half cup or even a bit less if you don’t like things to be too sweet. Also to make your own egg replacer – all you need is 1/2 tsp bicarbonate to 1 tsp cornflower to 1 tbsp water (per egg). Whisk well.
- 1/2 Cup applesauce or pureed pumpkin
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- Ener G egg replacer for 2 eggs
- 1 Cup vanilla soymilk
- 1/2 tsp ground sea salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Cups dry oatmeal (instant or regular)
- 1/2 Cup of raisins
- 1 Tbsp or 2 brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix in egg replacer, soymilk, salt, baking powder, apple sauce, sugar and oatmeal.
- Beat well then stir in raisins.
- Pour into a lightly greased pie pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or 8+ hours).
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes or until firm. Serve hot.
- Makes: 6-8 servings, Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 8 hours in the fridge, Cooking time: 35 minutes
Be careful, it may seem cooked on outside but mine was still a bit raw in the middle so be sure to use a skewer to test the inside. If still gooey – cook another 5-10 mins till it’s right. Oh and I add nuts too …. Walnuts go really well in this. This is yum on its own, or my fav way to eat it is served hot with oat milk poured over the top, or you can slice it and butter it and eat it for morning tea. Seriously good!
*apologies for the quality of this picture, it is the one that is featured on vegweb.com, unfortunately I cut into my cake and devoured it before I had the presence of mind to photograph it. 🙂